Friday, December 20, 2013

Gel Nail Applications - French White or French Colors, IT IS MY MOST PRIZED POSSESSION AT NEEDY NAILS TAUPO

By

Acrylic-Nail-Art-Pedicure-Manicure-Gel-Nail-Applications-French-White-French-Colors-IT-IS-MY-MOST-PRIZED-POSSESSION-AT-NEEDY-NAILS-TAUPO
TOP OF THE MORNING Y'ALL (o;

My home is all fresh and breezy, sipping my Kawakawa Tea and honey and rolling in 14mins with my first client of the day - Anthea.

Curiously, I was sent one of those 'pass on' messages on my Timeline last night. The question was "what one possession do you have that you are possessive about?"

ANSWER: My Daddy's Diver's Watch!

On Monday July 8, 2002 (the 7th anniversary of an older sister's passing) I was in an armchair beside my daddy's bed when he reached out, took his watch off his wrist and put it on mine. My eldest brother and his wife had bought it for him for his 70th birthday a few years prior. He maintained it meticulously via an Auckland jeweller.

My daddy passed away at 1:33am the next morning with his hand in mine; we were face to face on his pillow on the hospital bed and I was singing his favourite song to him at that time - Norah Jones "I Don't Know Why".

This watch has been on my wrist ever since. It has only ever been removed twice thus far (and close to a third time soon I think) for a new battery and to be pressure tested. It is the most endurable watch! I basically eat, shit and sleep with it - IT IS NEVER REMOVED FOR ANY OTHER REASON ASIDE FROM MAINTENANCE. I pay the jeweller to do it immediately (Gemtime Taupo: awesome place) and I wait for it. I stand and I wait and I wait and I wait... the wristband was tailor made to fit my daddy's huge wrist (he had the most gigantic hands and fingers one could imagine) - I have not had it altered from the day he put it on me... those that know me, know the story and even my professors when I was at Uni would just grin and smile whenever I showed up to conferences etc decked to the nines wearing my my Daddy's Watch - IT IS MY MOST PRIZED POSSESSION.

Anthea's sipping her coffee whilst I finish my post and then we are gonna 'rock her some nails' (o;

I WILL BE IN TOWN SUNDAY: as I am working Saturday I will now be available Sunday for FULL BUILDER GEL NAIL APPLICATIONS - FRENCH WHITE OR FRENCH COLORS ONLY!
Hit me on the PM - $70 a set.

WHAT'S YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION AND WHY???

0 comments:

Post a Comment